BTEC HNC Level 4
What will I study?
The outlook for the UK’s screen industries is bright. With considerable investment in UK studios, a vibrant and expanding independent sector, and spending on TV and video forecast for continued growth, the demand for skilled technicians and talent will continue to grow across the film and high-end TV sectors. There is a growing national need for the craft skills which are increasingly technology driven, such as engineering skills for lighting and sound and animation skills. The skills that you learn on the course will equip you for the fresh challenges of an ever-changing job market.
As well as developing a broad knowledge and awareness of key aspects of Creative Media Production, you will study specialist subjects like Film Practices, Film Studies and Editing for Film & Television. You will develop critically important skills in team-working, and using language that enables clear communication of concepts and day-to-day processes across the Film and TV fields. The course aims to provide you with the core skills and behaviours that are universally useful across all Film departments, companies and specialisms.
What are the additional entry requirements for this course?
For students who have recently been in education, the entry profile is likely to include one of the following:
● A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Creative Media Production
● A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades A* to C (or equivalent), and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English
● Other related Level 3 qualifications
● An Access to Higher Education Diploma awarded by an approved further education institution
● Related work experience
● An international equivalent of the above.
University of the Arts London
Many of our Music courses are accredited by the University of the Arts London (UAL). UAL Awarding Body is the only specialist art, design and creative industries awarding organisation in England. UAL works collaboratively with Colleges, employers and others to ensure we develop and award the best possible specialist qualifications.